"Let my servant William go and proclaim my everlasting gospel with a loud voice, and with great joy.............."
Doctrine & Covenants 124:88

Monday, December 9, 2013

Monday, December 9, 2013


Dearly beloved family,

Happy birthday for Jesse this week! He´s getting old... is he getting any bigger? Hope you all celebrate well.

How are things back in the cold? It´s super nice here. About 80 degrees today. Had one day that it got up to 100 last week, and it was one the hardest days on the mission. All of my short sleeve shorts were washing or very dirty, so I was in a long sleeved shirt in the hottest day of my mission so far. Every single appointment fell through, so we were in the street the whole day (we entered into one house the whole day). And to top it all off we had a zone fast. It was a struggle. But the Lord really blessed us for our efforts and this last week was full of miracles. We had 4 baptisms in the ward, between the two companionships, and many more people with potentiel for this next week. 

The ward is getting more excited about missionary work and everyone is giving referrals and sharing the gospel. 

I haven´t heard anything about Christmas yet, but I´m sure I´ll be able to Skype. It will probably be in the afternoon.

Another blessing this week is that I get to go to the temple again. I don´t know why, usually it[s every three months, but I´ve been able to go a bunch lately. 

Elder Steadman got transfered to my zone now, I´m excited about that. I think we´ll get to work together a little bit. 

Love you all and hope you are all healthy and happy. And if you aren´t happy, just share the gospel with someone and you´ll cheer right up! 

Something that we learned with Elder Mazzagardi is that angels are always with us. And they record our testimonies. In DC it also says that our sins will be forgiven when we bear our testimony. I think it´s DC 63:2 or 62:3. So, I bear my witness that this church is the kingdom of God on the earth. I know that this church was really established by Jesus Christ and the Joseph Smith was called as a prophet. Let´s share it with everyone!

Love, Elder Barker

Give Jesse a big hug for me and tell him that I´m very proud of him and so happy to have him as a brother

No comments:

Post a Comment