"Let my servant William go and proclaim my everlasting gospel with a loud voice, and with great joy.............."
Doctrine & Covenants 124:88

Monday, January 20, 2014

Monday, January 13, 2014

Dear Family,

Sounds like a full week! Thanks for the report, Mom. Good Luck and be safe with alll those snowy roads. It´s been so hot here these last few days, you wouldn´t believe it. 

Busy, busy, busy. I feel like I ran non-stop the whole week. The new sisters arrived in Parelheiros. Sister Thornhill and Sister M. Silva. They both have less than two months here in São Paulo. We had a hectic day of moving into our new house and moving the Sisters into theirs on the same day. We arranged for some members to help them in these first few days before the get to know the area. I had a meeting in Santo Amaro and we had another meeting in Cipó with Pres. Pinho, so I feel like I didn´t even get to work in my area this week, but I really learned a lot. I´m seeing the importance of true conversion in missionary work. That this mission is really meant to change my life as well as my investigators. 

 I can´t believe Jack will be getting home next week. That is so crazy. And Ben Smith had told me about Brayden, that´s too bad. Hope he makes it back out.

I still haven´t gotten any packages, maybe Pres. Pinho is holding them.... No, just kidding. They´ll get here some day ;) But all is good. Love you all, and I bear my testimony that Christ lives and that the Atonement and His grace is sufficient for every one of us. Satan promised to destroy the world and he is fulfilling his promise, but we don´t have to worry, because Christ is on our side. We can have peace in a world of turmoil and sin, because He is the Prince of Peace. He will return and this world will receive it´s paradisiacal glory. Sou muito grato por este evangelho na minha vida.

Love, Elder Barker

 
P.S.- I heard Pres. Dalton lives in California and he graduated from Harvard.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment