"Let my servant William go and proclaim my everlasting gospel with a loud voice, and with great joy.............."
Doctrine & Covenants 124:88

Monday, January 6, 2014

Monday, January 6, 2014


Dear Family,

How´s everyone doing? Thank you for the pictures and everthing. I didn´t get the packages yet, but I´m anxiously waiting! I didn´t get transfered, but I received a new companion named Elder Loredo. He´s from Nicaragua and he´s the first missionary from Nicaragua to serve in Brasil. He´s awesome, and he´s been here six weeks, so I´ll finish his training. I also live with a new Elder named E. Castro, he´s from Ecuador. So my spanish is going to get good. The ward here is going to have us 4 Elders and 2 Sisters now. It should be good. The ward is excited. We´re just waiting to move this week so that the Sisters can move into our house.

Happy Birthday Mia! I can´t believe she´s going to turn ten. I sent a letter for her, so hope she gets it soon. I remember saying happy birthday to her from the MTC and that seems like yesterday. 

Oh Big News!

Elder Dean made it down to Brasil! He was Elder Steadman´s companion in the MTC, but went home for a while. And he made it back on the mission! He´s from Alaska.

Pres. Pinho also said that our new mission president already received the call to serve here. All I know is that his name is Pres. Dalton and I think he´ll be coming in June or July.

The new year was good, I was exhausted and didn´t even wake up for the fireworks. But they partied pretty hard here.

We are in the Cipó Zone now. The zone was divided so now I´ll be doing exchanges in Cipó again. It´ll be cool to go back every once in a while.

Love you all, have a great week!

Elder Barker
1 Corinthians 9:24- show this scripture to Jesse. It´s about winning!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment