"Let my servant William go and proclaim my everlasting gospel with a loud voice, and with great joy.............."
Doctrine & Covenants 124:88

Monday, February 10, 2014

Monday, February 10, 2014


Dear Family,

I got the call last night that I´ve been transferred. It surprised me a little, but I think I´ve been in Parelheiros about 4 months. I´m sad to have to leave, this has been a great area. I´ve learned so much here. I´m also going to have to miss a few baptisms that we have planned for this week. I might be able to come back if they choose me to baptize them. They are really special people, one is named Giancarlo. He´s a future bishop. He´s 57 and he is very intelligent. He stopped us in the bakery one day and asked about our church. He had already heard a lot about the church and said that everytime he passed by he had a strong desire to enter. He explained that it was like a type of ice cream that he knew was tasty and that he is hungry! He´s a funny guy, but has really taught me a lot. He showed up at church in a suit and everyone thought he was a representative from the stake... He´s already wanting to do missionary work and serve in the church. Sadly, his family doesn´t want anything to do with the church, but they will in the future. 

    The mission is the best. I´m excited and anxious for the future. I know the Lord has great things in store. I was called as a zone leader as well, so it´s going to be full of new experiences.

     I´m very grateful for our Lord Jesus Christ. I´ve learned a lot about His nature. I´ve felt real sadness for the choices that I´ve seen people make, but at the same time sincere joy for the great people that I´ve met. The gospel is something that heals, changes and really develops us as people. I´m so grateful for the Atonement and the Plan of Salvation. And I love all of you!

 

Have a great week!

Elder Barker

No comments:

Post a Comment