"Let my servant William go and proclaim my everlasting gospel with a loud voice, and with great joy.............."
Doctrine & Covenants 124:88

Monday, July 14, 2014

Monday, June 30, 2014


Dear family,

I´m doing very well. Missionary life is the best life, because you can´t go wrong serving the Lord. Life is good, can´t complain... just that my sister is getting married in October. So much for waiting. I´m just kidding, I´m happy for them and hope all goes well in preparation for the wedding. I used to think that a month was a long time. I now realize that as fast as you count them, they´re gone. We have a ward activity on Friday (4th of July). Maybe we´ll make hamburgers and light of fireworks... Oh wait, they´ll be doing that anyway for the Brasil game. It´ll be perfect. 

How´s Grandma Barker doing? Tell her that I love her and am praying for her. I´m sure that everything will be alright. 

President and Sister Dalton got here on Friday. We have a meeting with him tomorrow and then another one with the zones on Friday. He sounds like a really good guy. He said in his letter that they were trained by all 15 of the Apostles these last few weeks, so he´s definitely excited. The zone is making progress and we´re excited for July. 

Have I told you about Robson? He´s a cool guy. He´s been to church the last few weeks and he´s preparing for baptism. He was just a street contact that was really needing spiritual help. He showed up at church all by himself (we didn´t follow up) and he said, `told you I would come`. Pretty cool. He participates in protests and movements of some sort. He doesn´t like the government, but he really likes the Book of Mormon, so that´s good. He will serve well in the church.

 Love you all. Being a missionary is the best. We don´t have problems, only solutions. Jesus Christ is our captain and master. He is leading this work and I know it. The Book of Mormon is the word of God and it will draw us nearer to God than any other book on earth. I love it. Have a great week!

 Elder Barker

No comments:

Post a Comment