"Let my servant William go and proclaim my everlasting gospel with a loud voice, and with great joy.............."
Doctrine & Covenants 124:88

Monday, November 10, 2014

Monday, November 10, 2014


Dear Family,

Well we had another fantastic week. I love this work. We´re seeing a lot of results in the ward from reactivation and retention. The bishop couldn´t be happier. Really good things happening. 

Meg´s engaged?! Good for her! That´s great, is Beau getting close as well? I guess I´ll be home for the wedding... sweet.

We´ve had a dry, dry year here in São Paulo. It hasn´t rained hard in a really long time, but apparently in other parts of Brasil they are flooding. So, the area presidency sent a letter asking all members in Brasil to participate in a special fast this weekend to ask for rain in the dry places. It´ll be cool to be a part of it. I haven´t been affected by it, but a lot of people go two or three days without water, get water for a couple days and then go without again. 

A mission is great because you learn to feel what others are feeling. When investigators and recent converts go through conversion I feel it as well. When they succeed we´re happy and when they quit we´re devestated. It´s actually quite the emotional roller coaster. We´re teaching a family that has gone through a lot. They love the church because it´s the only place they´ve felt real peace. The three teenagers (Sabrina, Samara and Alex)  went to a church dance on Saturday and they said that they loved it. They had never been to such a clean dance or had healthy fun. The gospel may seem to restrict us sometimes, but it really does set us free. The commandments and Jesus Christ are the only path of true, lasting happiness. It´s incredible.

Well I love y´all. (E. Fisher´s got me saying y´all) 

Is it really at this point? I have to admit, it´s a little bit hard for me to accept the fact that I´ll be leaving soon. I´m sure it´ll sink in at some point.

See you soon!

 Elder Barker

P.s. Mom, I´ll talk to the secretary about the travel plans, you don´t need to be concerned :)

 

No comments:

Post a Comment