"Let my servant William go and proclaim my everlasting gospel with a loud voice, and with great joy.............."
Doctrine & Covenants 124:88

Friday, December 14, 2012

DROP OFF DAY................

Well things didn't go quite as planned, his travel visa to Brazil did not come in time, so he did not fly out on December 11 to the Sao Paulo Brazil MTC.  We got word from the missionary department that he was to report to the Provo MTC on 12-12-12.  He was a little disappointed, but I was kind of glad, it gave me one more night with him, and it makes this year's Christmas package a little easier to send to him.  He was set apart Tuesday, December 11th at 8 p.m. and then was up until about 1:30 a.m. packing, (a little procrastination) he did have a few distractions with friends and family coming to say their final goodbyes.


 Wednesday morning, 12-12-12, at about 8 a.m. we (the 8 of us) headed for Provo.  We stopped at Kneaders and had some yummy all-you-can-eat french toast and pancakes for one last meal together.  Isaac and Jim, Paula, Emma, and Luke met us there to say some more goodbyes.

 
 
 

 Next came the drop-off.  It was sad, I was holding back the tears, not 100% successful, causing a lump or two in my throat.  His siblings shed some tears, and even Will's eyes were wet.  Goodbyes stink!  Really though it was good, I wouldn't want him anywhere else, he is ready and anxious, and I am so, so happy for him to begin this adventure, and to go preach The Gospel. I know he will be the best missionary and the people he will meet and teach are lucky to get him.
 
 
And he's off!

No comments:

Post a Comment