"Let my servant William go and proclaim my everlasting gospel with a loud voice, and with great joy.............."
Doctrine & Covenants 124:88

Tuesday, December 25, 2012


Hi Everyone!

Thanks for keeping me updated on everything, I love hearing from you all. The Christmas package got here on time and it is Great! Thanks to everyone for that. Hailey sent me cupcakes too, they were seriously the best things ever. She takes the prize for best cousin, Love her. We only get 20 minutes today because it's Christmas and everyone gets to email, so I have to keep it short. I'll hand write you again tonight. As far as the scripture for the plaque, probably either 3 Nephi 5:13 or the DC one I showed you, Mom. You pick. I just heard from Russel M. Nelson this morning which was really cool. He and his wife spoke to us along with the MTC President. Elder Nelson's message was great! The message was basically about Spiritual gifts and how the Atonement is the best gift the Savior has given us. It was really awesome. Early on in his talk he talked about rumors and wanted to put them to rest. He specifically mentioned the 3 year China mission and said that it was absolutely not true, so that was pretty funny. Next week I'll be able to send you some pictures and talk about some of the cool people I've met here in the MTC. Last night we watched A Christmas Carol and tonight we get to watch It's a Wonderful Life. You can probably guess that I am excited about that. I certainly wish I could watch it with my family tonight, but there's no place I'd rather be than here, because I know that it's what I'm supposed to be doing. I want you all to know that I have a sincere testimony of Jesus Cristo. He is our Redeemer and Savior. On this special day remember why he came to the Earth and the kind of life he lived. I love him and am forever indebted to him. There is definitely a great feeling of responsibility and humility being a representative of him and his church. We have his gospel and a living prophet on the Earth that speaks for him. We are so blessed! I'm very upset with my siblings, by the way. I know it's only been two weeks, but I'd still like to hear what's going on. Send me some letters. It'll make me feel popular and loved ;). I love you all so much and will talk to you soon. Eu amo voces!

 
Elder Will Barker

No comments:

Post a Comment