"Let my servant William go and proclaim my everlasting gospel with a loud voice, and with great joy.............."
Doctrine & Covenants 124:88

Wednesday, December 19, 2012


Family!

 It's so good to hear from you! I'm sorry I haven't been able to get on the computers to Email until today. Tuesday is my P-day, I don't know if you got my written letter yet, but I sent one. It makes me so sad to hear that the girls are sick. Tell them to get better for Christmas break! So, for now I'm supposed to only Email my family, so tell everyone else to send me written letters or use Dear Elder. I sent the addrress in my written letter if you don't have it still. The mail key for SUU is on the Hyundai keys I believe, and you are right, I need my Patriarchal Blessing and I was also wondering about a casual belt, I forgot that too. Everything else has been pretty good so far. The MTC has been a great experience already. They keep us busy all day and I love it. I've learned so much Portuguese in the last few days, it's ridiculous. My companion's name is Elder Bowers, he is from Idaho and he's a great guy. He and I are already on our fourth lesson with a mock investigator named Fernando. We've been teaching him in Portuguese the whole time. We seriously taught him on Friday, when we had both only been here two days. It truly has been amazing, I know that I've already had some big time help in learning the language. My district is really cool, a lot of good guys. We get along well. My branch has some really awesome guys too. They welcomed us in right away. I met both the Elders from Orem that the Hamblins' knew, and Elder Bascom lives two doors down from me and is in my branch. I have also seen Brady a lot (though we're not in the same branch), Kolton Olson, Steven Wentz, Elder Taylor from Lyman, and some others that I've recognized as well. My Branch Presidency is rock solid. They are all amazing men. President Hodges is the President and Brough and Bartholemew are his counselors. They have given us some lofty goals, but certainly attainable. We are to read the entire Book of Mormon in our time in the MTC starting from the Introduction. If anyone wants to try to do it with me, go for it. I'm in 2 Nephi 16 today if you want to make it a fair race. They only give us 30 minutes on the Email, which is ridiculous, so I have to hurry. They food has been great, I've made a lot of friends, and had a lot of fun. I was pretty tired the first few days and today was the first day I've been able to nap, but I stopped feeling bad for myself on Sunday night when I heard Elder Holland's talk that he gave on Thanksgiving here at the MTC. It was So powerful. I felt like he was talking to me and it really opened my eyes. It was called Such a Time as This if anyone wants to get their hands on it. It opened my eyes to so many things and certainly strengthened my testimony. The spirit was just pounding me all day, and then we went and watched that talk right before bed and it hit me so hard! I know that Christ lives! I am his servant and this church is true. His atonement is real and we can feel the power of it in every day of our lives. Remember what he has done for us! I love you all and I'll try to write soon!

 

Love, Elder Barker 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment