"Let my servant William go and proclaim my everlasting gospel with a loud voice, and with great joy.............."
Doctrine & Covenants 124:88

Tuesday, January 8, 2013


Hi Everyone,

I just have to send a quick message today, because my P-day got changed. We are getting new teachers because of BYU's semester starting, so we are getting a new schedule. We don't know all the details yet, but I will keep you updated. There hasn't been a whole lot going on here. One girl got her Visa this week, but that's it. So they definitely aren't coming in very fast considering we have over 100 Brazilian missionaries here waiting for Visas. We have a Porugal district leaving next week and that is going to be sad. They are all awesome and we became good friends with them right away, it's Bascom's district. We are getting a new district this week of 13, though, which will put our Branch at 96 missionaries, so we are certainly growing. And we're not the only Portuguese branch. So, I promise to send pictures next P-day. It's kind of hard to do that here, because they only have a few computers that you can send pictures from. The days are going by pretty fast now. I've already been here for 4 weeks, it's crazy. I'm definitely anxious to get out in the field, but I'm still learning a lot and having good experiences here. Thanks for sending the Christmas card, it was good to see all of your smiling faces! You don't need to worry about the phone card. I can buy one at the book store when I get my Visa or get reassigned. I get to call home when that happens too, as well as from the Airport. So that will make up for not getting to call on Christmas. Happy Birthday to my sweet sister Mia! I love you so much. I hope that turning 6 was all that you hoped it would be! ;) You're awesome! Write me a letter and tell me how it went. I'm really excited for Isaac to come in tomorrow, can't wait to see him. I hope everyone is doing well, I love you all and I plan on writing you again this week. It might have to be a written letter, but I'll see what I can do. Here's one Portuguese tip... When the letter 'h' comes after another consonant it usually makes the 'y' sound. The same way ~ works in Spanish. So President Pinho's name is pronounced Peen-yo. Love you all! Talk to you soon.

Elder Barker

No comments:

Post a Comment