"Let my servant William go and proclaim my everlasting gospel with a loud voice, and with great joy.............."
Doctrine & Covenants 124:88

Monday, March 11, 2013


Tudo Bem?!

Man, sounds like an exciting weekend! It brought back a lot of memories and emotions, I can't believe it has already been a year since I was playing. I'm proud to be a Red Devil! I'm so happy for my team mates and for Roy and Fess. Sounds like they did awesome! I'm so proud of all of them. There's a little bit of magic going on with Evanston right now. And Gizmo did awesome too! That's sweet that she beat Laramie, I remember watching them lose to Laramie in Cheyenne at the beginning of the season. Goes to show that Pre-season and even regular season games aren't about wins and losses, it's about getting better. I'm Stoked for everyone! I wish I could have been there! Anything can happen at the State Tournament. March Madness is the best. I'm looking forward to watching Jess in a couple of years, he better be working hard.

Can you believe I've already been out three months? It's ridiculous. I've been in Sandusky for a month already and it feels like it's been a week. Time is flying.

Well Kyle David (Shaggy) comitted to baptism in April. We're really excited for him. He quit drinking and is still working on giving up the smoking. He can do it though, he's really trying. We have some other investigators who have been making great progress too! Panzie Hunter is a single mother of 5 kids, and she's doing great. It's just really hard to get an appointment with her, because she's so busy, but she's really solid. I love her family. There's a really cool family here called the Villareals. They basically make up half of the town of Sandusky. There's only a couple of them that are really active, so we see someone from that family almost everyday. I love them so much. The grand parents had like 9 kids and each of their kids have like 10 kids so it's crazy. I am barely starting to get all their names straight. The kids are so funny and they all love the 'Elders'. One of the little girls' name is Melayna, she's three and always says that she loves me :). She's almost as cute as Zo.

The weather is starting to warm up, it's really nice. The lake is mostly thawed out by now and all the dead fish float up on the shores. It adds to the 'Sandusky Stench' a little bit, but you can only smell it sometimes. The Glass family are members that joined the church almost 20 years ago and they fed us Perch this last week. He fishes a lot, so he makes SO much of it and tries to make us eat it all. He breads it and deep fries it and it's super good, but he makes like 10 pounds of it for five people, it's ridiculous. They're great people.

Yesterday was ward conference and we talked a lot about Family History. I'm sure you all have talked about the same letter from the first presidency, but the church really wants us to be doing temple work for our own families. It will really bless your life and people on the other side of the veil, so I encourage you to start doing it. It's pretty easy to get started, just a matter of doing it, so I think it would be a good FHE activity for a while.

I tried to send pictures so let me know if it works. I love you all. I'm learning a lot everyday in my studies. I know that Christ is our Redeemer and I love him. The worth of all souls is great in the sight of God. He loves all of his children. I can testify that he will never leave us comfortless. Joseph B. Wirthin said, “The Lord will never forsake or abandon anyone.  You may abandon him, but he will not abandon you.  You never need to feel that you are alone.” I promise that's true.

John 16:33

Love, Elder Barker
 
 
Sandusky Pictures
 







 

No comments:

Post a Comment