"Let my servant William go and proclaim my everlasting gospel with a loud voice, and with great joy.............."
Doctrine & Covenants 124:88

Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Tuesday, March 5, 2013


Hey Everyone!

How are all of you doing? Life's Good. We're so blessed. I'm doing well in Sandusky, Ohio. It's transfer week, but I'm not going anywhere. All of my District is staying put. I have a few more pictures, but I don't have an SD card reader, so next time I will ;). Ohio is pretty neat. It's really flat and there are a lot of trees, so it will be cool when the leaves come back, because apparantly it's really green. Milan, Ohio is in my area and it has the birthplace of Thomas Edison. They have a little museum thing so that's cool. The house from A Christmas Story is also in my mission, it's in Cleveland. This area is all called the Firelands because I guess in like 1812 a lot of property got burned up back East so they set aside this area for all the people that had to leave their homes. They don't have Fry Sauce here, so that's kind of a bummer. I was surprised, apparently it hasn't spread to Ohio yet. A bunch of the people in Seminary wrote me letters this last week. It was really fun to hear from them, and I loved reading their testimonies. It was a good pick-me-up and meant a lot to me. So Happy Birthday to all the birthdays recently. Grandma and Grandpa Barker and April Stacia? Hope that's right... Well anyway tell them all that I love them and Happy Birthday! Basketball sounds exciting. I love March Madness so much, it's going to be a little bit tough for me to miss it haha. Congrats to Kenzee on making it to State. I'm proud of her. I knew she'd make it. She's going to do awesome this weekend too, I know it! Good Luck to her and the boys team! They will represent Evanston well. Isaac emailed me. He's doing awesome in Panama, I'm happy for him. I got word that a sister from my old zone got her Visa, so that's exciting.

We have a few investigators that are really progressing! We don't have any baptismal dates, but we're really close. We met some really great people this week, so we're excited. One guy's name is Kyle David. He's 37 and he really likes to have us over. Imagine Shaggy from Scooby-doo and that's what he's like. He's been baptized into a different church so we had a good lesson about the Priesthood. He also has doubts about why the Book of Mormon is necessary, so we're going to talk to him about that next time and hopefully help him gain a testimony of it. He quit drinking since the last time we met with him, so for about a week and a half. He's making great progress with quitting smoking too. It's amazing that I've already seen a change in him since he's started trying to live the Word of Wisdom. He's really close to getting a baptismal date.

We're setting up a Kirtland trip for our investigators. It's going to be awesome. I'm really excited to go. We're really fortunate to have such cool history in our mission. There is a lot I have learned about the Church history and I want you all to look more into it too!

Well love you all. If there's anything you could send me, some pictures would be nice and maybe some music just like on a CD or something. Maybe like some of the Vocal Point stuff or something. As long as it is uplifting and gospel related, it's okay.

The Church is true. Jesus Christ lives. He is at the head of this Church and he loves every one of us.

Love, Elder Barker

 

No comments:

Post a Comment