"Let my servant William go and proclaim my everlasting gospel with a loud voice, and with great joy.............."
Doctrine & Covenants 124:88

Tuesday, June 24, 2014

Monday, June 2, 2014


Dear Family,

 First of all, I do not have a Portuguese accent, Mom.

Second, I got ahold of Wells Fargo and cancelled the card. They said that someone had put a password on it already, and luckily I said my mom´s name and they let me in! I still need to order a new card. I think they´ll send it to you, because they said it would be easier that way. But everything worked out.

It was good to talk to you too mom, it surprised me a little when Pres. Pinho handed me his cell phone and told me to call you. He wasn´t at all worried about the money.

There have been more riots and things, and everyone is getting excited about the World Cup. They are painting all the streets and putting up flags on everything. They love their soccer. We´ll probably just be staying at home every day that Brasil plays, and the day after as well. It´s a lose-lose situation. If Brasil wins they have crazy parties, if Brasil loses they break and burn everything. So it´s not a good situation for missionaries either way.

I´m happy for Hailey. Tell her I love her. And sounds like all is well with summer break.

We had a crazy week. We got to the church to fill up the baptismal font on Saturday and it was full of paint, because they´re reforming the church. So after cleaning it out, we went to fill it up. Buuuut, the church ran out of water. Bishop had faith, so we said a prayer together with two more members asking for water. We tried again and had nothing. So we almost had a baptism in a member´s swimming pool. Then, about a half an hour before the baptism we ended up using a fire hose to fill the font. The water was a little chilly and dirty, but everything worked out. It was awesome. Marcia, Bia, Marcelo and Vanessa were baptized. Marcia is a mom of twin boys (2 yrs) and Bia, Marcelo and Vanessa are a family. Amazing people. Sadly the father´s of these two families are still struggling with the word of wisdom, but they´re not far behind.

We have a conference with the whole mission on Thursday. It´ll be Pres. Pinho´s last meeting and a lot of my good friends´ last meeting as well. Sounds like Pres. Dalton´s getting excited, too. He´ll get here in 4 weeks.

I love you all. Thank you for your testimonies and support.

Love, Elder Barker

No comments:

Post a Comment