"Let my servant William go and proclaim my everlasting gospel with a loud voice, and with great joy.............."
Doctrine & Covenants 124:88

Sunday, June 1, 2014

Monday, May 26, 2014


Dear Family,

 This was a pretty eventful week. Due to strikes and protests in São Paulo we did not get to hear from Elder Anderson. Pres. Pinho said that Elder Nelson and Elder Anderson received revelation that we should not leave the house on that particular day... Almost a year and a half on the mission and the one day we can´t leave the house is the day that one of the 12 would speak with us. And they went back to the U.S. the next day. What luck. But I believe the Lord has His reasons. We took advantage of the day and cleaned the house, updated the Area Book, slept a little, wrote in our journal, ordered pizza and watched the Testaments.

That´s too bad about my debit card. Apparently you can´t trust people selling home-made corn bread in the street. I´m just kidding, the only time I use my card is at the super market every once in a while. Elder Schleiger´s got robbed too. I´ll try calling again today, but when I called from the pay phone it went directly to SAMU, which is like 911 in the US. They said, ´SAMU, What´s your emergency?`. I thought that it was the card lady, so I started telling her all my problems with the debit card. She heard me out, but sadly said that she couldn´t help me. It wasn´t until afterward that I realized what was going on.

Tomorrow we have mission leadership council. I think it´s the last one with Pres. Pinho and they said he´s going to prepare a big breakfast and lunch. It´s going to go almost all day. 

The work is going good. I often feel like the Lord gives us miracles and blessings that we don´t deserve. He´s the best employer in the world. You give him a little bit and he pays you back infinitely more. And on this Memorial Day I´m especially grateful for an eternal family. I know that families can be together forever.

Love you all!

Elder Barker 

No comments:

Post a Comment