"Let my servant William go and proclaim my everlasting gospel with a loud voice, and with great joy.............."
Doctrine & Covenants 124:88

Monday, July 22, 2013

 
Hey Everyone!

Are my emails really that weak? I just got some rebuking reading your emails. ;) I´ll try to do better. I´ll send pictures next week... I need to take some pictures. So... Lorena didn´t get baptized yet. She is doing everything right, already a member basically, but she says she just doesn´t have a desire to be baptized. Strange isn´t it? We think it might have something to do with her family, but we´re not sure. We have some good ward missionaries that I think will help her out.

 Have I already told you about Gabriel? Well he was baptized about a month ago and he´s awesome. He does visits with us almost every day. He´s 16 and he can´t wait for his mission. Anyway, his sister Carol is going to baptized this week. She was very hesitant and then one day she just came out and told us that she got an answer to her prayers! She had a really cool experience and asked a very specific question, and she got a clear answer. We´re excited for her. Just need to help their parents get married now.

   So my area is really cool. It´s a lot closer to everything than Cipó, so that´s nice. We have a some little favellas here, but they´re all really safe. Our house is really cool. We have an awesome view of the Repreza de Guarapiranga. My companion is Elder Nogueira. He´s from Minas Gerais. It´s a big state up North a little bit. His family has a farm there and he really likes horses. He says it´s more like the Wyoming of Brasil. He speaks English really well.

Did you have other questions? I forget. Yeah Mom, you can send me those recipes, that would be awesome;). Kenzee got a car? Que Bolsta. Jesse is liking golf huh? I remember I went quite a bit with Isaac and Matt when I was his age.

Life is good, it feels like yesterday that I was emailing you, but another week já passou. Love you all. I know that Jesus Christ lives and loves us. We are so lucky to have the gospel in our lives. The gospel and the sacrifice of Christ are the solution to all of the world´s problems.

I´ll talk to you soon! Elder Barker


Favellas (slums or shantytown)
Repreza de Guarapiranga


No comments:

Post a Comment