"Let my servant William go and proclaim my everlasting gospel with a loud voice, and with great joy.............."
Doctrine & Covenants 124:88

Monday, July 8, 2013

Monday, July 8,2013


Hey!

Good to hear from you as always! Sounds like 4th of July was a blast. I heard some fireworks but I think it was still about Brasil soccer. But I was on an exchange with an American named Elder Baisden. We celebrated with a pizza. And you can´t email Isaac. He´s in the wild. He can email at the end of the 6 weeks is what he told me. OH! I got the Barker Reunion package! It came pretty fast, 2 weeks? Man, it was Awesome! A whole lot of sunshine for sure. I loved everything, especially the letters, it was great to hear from everyone. Can´t believe Kenzee and JJ ate at Elements, they don´t deserve it. 

 

Desculpa, mandei errado. Foi mal. 

Anyway, we had a mission conference this last week. It was sweet. We have 105 missionaries now instead of 205. Both of my companions from the MTC are in other missions now, it´s crazy. I´m glad I stayed in Interlagos with President Pinho. Our mission has a great reputation, and Pres. Pinho has a lot to do with it. He is a great motivator and he talks to us all personally. You wouldn´t think that he has 100 other missionaries and things to worry about. The ward I´m in now is really good. We have a baptism this week, her name is Lorena.  She was Adventista, but when she moved to São Paulo she moved in with her Aunt that is a member. She´s 17 and she´s already in the middle of Alma in the Book of Mormon. We´re also going to get to couples married this week, well that´s the plan. The process here is a little bit more difficult. They have to marry in what´s called the Cartorio. It delays a lot and in some places it´s really expensive. But it should work out good this week, it´s going to be a great blessing for their families. I love you all. I´m so grateful for this work and for our Savior.

Love, Elder Barker

 

P.S. Evanston didn´t Burn Down on the 4th?

No comments:

Post a Comment