"Let my servant William go and proclaim my everlasting gospel with a loud voice, and with great joy.............."
Doctrine & Covenants 124:88

Monday, November 4, 2013

Monday, October 28, 2013


Hello from Parelheiros!

So this week was exciting. Feels like it was a longer than a week, because so much happened. 

I got thrown into another emergency transfer. I got called on Wednesday and I came here on Thursday. I´m opening an area called Parelheiros with Elder Parraguez. He´s also from Chile, Santiago. He has about 4 months on the mission. Neither of us are familiar with the area, and it´s the biggest area in the mission. It´s more interior, and it´s actually neighboring Cipó, my first area. And the districts have changed since I left, so I´ll be going on exchanges there in Cipó! It´ll be cool to see everyone again.

I don´t really know why President closed the area, but for this to happen is very rare. It´s been a little bit challenging, but it´s good for us. President said that he trusts us, so it´s a good feeling.

Parelheiros is really cool. It´s a HUGE area. We have to take the bus to get to a lot of the neighborhoods. And there´s a lot more trees and hills here, so I like it. President also said that we´re going to have another companionship here in a couple weeks, so that´ll be nice to split up the area. So they say there´s an indiginous tribe in our area... but it´s not as cool as you think. They have houses and everything. I imagine it´s a lot like the indians from 

Rawlins.

Life is good. It was good to hear from you. I loved the pictures. I tried to send pictures, but it didn´t work and I got frustrated and quit. But I´ll try again next week. And I did get the package with the shirt. It´s awesome! 

Happy Birthday to Bridger and Happy Halloween! (They don´t really celebrate here, just little things... lame)

Remember Elder Ballard´s talk, and extend a hand from now until Christmas for at least one person ;)

Love you all, 

Elder Barker

No comments:

Post a Comment