"Let my servant William go and proclaim my everlasting gospel with a loud voice, and with great joy.............."
Doctrine & Covenants 124:88

Tuesday, May 20, 2014

Monday, May 19, 2014


Dear Family,

Well another week come and gone. Elder Anderson will be here on Wednesday to talk to us and São Paulo, Sul. I´m excited. I heard that Cleveland, OH will have Elder Holland this week. The Elders are pretty excited about that. Pres. Dalton sent emails to a lot of the missionaries. He said that he played basketball at Powell. He lived there for two years. He sounds like a great guy. 

We´re having a lot of success with the new program. The ward had 162 people on Sunday. With six missionaries in the ward, everyone is getting pretty excited. I was happy to hear that you fed the Sisters last week. Did you introduce them to some people?

 I like this quote from Parley P. Pratt after being called on yet another mission. It comes from a talk called `Becoming a Consecrated Missionary`

  Parley P. Pratt-

I have desired after travelling for 25 or 26 years , mostly abroad, to stay at home and minister among the people of God, and take care of my family, but God´s will be done and not mine. If it is the will of God that I should spend my days in proclaining this Gospel and bearing testimony of these things, I shall think myself highly priveligede and honored. And when the Spirit of God is upon me, I think it matters but very little what I suffer, what I sacrificded whethre I secure the honor or dishonor of me, or where I die. If it so be that I cdan keep the faith, fight the good fight and finish m course with joy. I have all eternity before me, in which to enjoy myself.` 

 This is the best work in the world. I love you all.

Elder BArker

 

No comments:

Post a Comment