"Let my servant William go and proclaim my everlasting gospel with a loud voice, and with great joy.............."
Doctrine & Covenants 124:88

Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Monday, September 2, 2013


Hey family,

Hope all is going well back home. How was the first week of school? Jesse liking High School? How was your birthday mom? I heard that the U.S. is going to attack Syria or something? What´s that all about? I´m just happy that I´m a missionary and don´t even have to worry about all that stuff.
    

This week was really awesome. We had a Mission Conference, Multi-zone conference and a meeting with all of the Bishops and Ward mission leaders too. It was a full week of meetings and activities. President Pinho said that our mission is one of the smallest in size now, but we have more than 6 million people in our mission still. That´s a lot of lost sheep. I´m learning so much lately and I think I´m really improving as a missionary and as a person. The water ran out on our street on Saturday, so that´s been humbling. It still hasn´t come back, so we might have to go to the other Elders´ house and take a shower. I don´t know, we´ll see.

I had a cool experience yesterday. We were teaching a family and talking a lot about receiving an answer from the Holy Ghost. We´ve been teaching them for a couple weeks now. We were really trying to help them realize that they had already received an answer that the church was true because they are keeping commitments and liking church and everything. Anyway, we bore testimony and there was a little pause. And then Leticia, she´s 14, said, I think I just got my answer... It was super cool. The two girls want to be baptized now, but the parents are still a little bit resistent. I´ll keep you updated on them.

Love you all and hope that you have a great week! The time always flies by fast, but remember that it´s always flying by with opportunities. Stay close to the scriptures and Preach My Gospel. PMG is not just for missionaries! The chapters can be applied in any part of life. Use the sections for anything and everything.

Até Mais!!! Elder Barker

No comments:

Post a Comment