"Let my servant William go and proclaim my everlasting gospel with a loud voice, and with great joy.............."
Doctrine & Covenants 124:88

Monday, March 10, 2014

Monday, March 10, 2014


Dear family,

 I´ll answer your questions first, so I don´t forget. I´m doing more than great, I feel like I´m flying. Só alegria. And no I didn´t get the shirts, but don´t worry about it, I´ll ask Sister Pinho to get some for me. So you don´t need to send another package. Who knows, maybe it will show up this week.

I´m very happy for Grandma and Grandpa.

Wow, sounds like the setting apart was awesome. I´m so happy for them. There´s no better feeling than being a missionary. They´re great exmples for our family.

Do they have a new email now?

Big news, wow. Life just keeps going on.

So Pres. Pinho authorized us to read a book called Evoking the Powers of Heaven. (I think that´s what it is in English) It is by Grant Von Harrison. It is very, very good. It talks about our attitude and our faith making things happen. We are not subject to circumstance. We are not just dust in the wind, but we are truly children of God. Nothing is impossible for him and if we are worthy and make the necessary sacrifices He will bless us with all that we ask. 

 

Elder Richard G. Scott of the Quorum of the Twelve Apostles counseled us on what it means to have faith in Jesus Christ:

“To gain unshakable faith in Jesus Christ is to flood your life with brilliant light. You are no longer alone to struggle with challenges you know you cannot resolve or control yourself, for He said, ‘If ye will have faith in me ye shall have power to do whatsoever thing isexpedient in me’ (Moroni 7:33; italics added).

“If you are despondent, racked by transgression, are ill, alone, or desperately in need of comfort and support, I solemnly testify that the Lord will help you when you carefully obey the spiritual law upon which that help is predicated. He is your Father. You are His child. He loves you. He will never let you down. I know He will bless you” (in Conference Report, Oct. 1991, 118; or Ensign, Nov. 1991, 86).

And He will help us in all aspects oflife, not just callings in the church. I´m so grateful for our loving Father in Heaven and Jesus Christ. It´s such a blessing to be able to serve them. 

"How ever fast we run, it´s not fast enough. How ever little sleep we´re getting by on, we need to get by with less. There is an urgency that increases with every passing day." - Jeffrey R. Holland

These really are the last days, and I bear my witness that the Lord is hastening His work. Love you all and hope you have a great week!

Elder Barker
Sorry my email was so long mom, but I also wanted to see if you have ever watched the little film "Billy Peck".
President Pinho showed it in a training. It´s the best example of attitude. I think President Monson mentioned it in a talk one time as well. It would be great to show in a family home evening or something. PMA is the Way!
Love you so so so much. You´re incredible.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment