"Let my servant William go and proclaim my everlasting gospel with a loud voice, and with great joy.............."
Doctrine & Covenants 124:88

Monday, March 24, 2014

Monday, March 17, 2014



Dear Family,

Só alegria aqui em Itapecerica. 

Everything is going great! This week that passed by we had some sad things happen with investigators choosing to not be baptized, but I guess it´s part of the plan. Free Agency frustrates me sometimes. We´re still teaching some great people, especially a couple from the North East of Brasil. Their names are Roni and Simone. They´re not legally married yet, but they go to church every Sunday. The have a two year old son named Karllyson. Simone was baptized a long time ago, but went inactive shortly after. One day we just talked with them in the street and they love the church now. They´re a great family.

It´s basically a pattern now, that at 4 o´clock in the afternoon it rains, everyday, for about an hour. And it rains really hard. And then it´s sunny again. The weather here changes even faster than it changes in Evanston, if you can believe it.

I´ve been thinking a lot about the Book of Mormon lately. ( I finished in Portuguese a few weeks ago) And more than ever in my life, I´m seeing the pure truthfulness of it. It is the truest book on Earth and we will truly come closer to Christ as we read from it every day. I´ve never had such a strong knowledge that Christ lives. The Book of Mormon is true and I know it. It is the keystone of our religion and a blessing in each of our lives. 

I love you all and pray that you all stay safe and healthy!

 

Elder Barker

 

No comments:

Post a Comment