"Let my servant William go and proclaim my everlasting gospel with a loud voice, and with great joy.............."
Doctrine & Covenants 124:88

Monday, March 31, 2014

Monday, March 31, 2014


Dear Family,

So good to hear from you as always! I am doing great. I feel so grateful for the things that have been happening and a little bit undeserving. I had one of the most special experiences of my mission this weekend. 

A family that I taught in my 2nd area, Parque das Nações, were finally baptized this last weekend. The kids were already baptized, and the parents always went to church, but the father, Jeferson, did not want to get married. We worked with them a lot, but it never worked out. And this last weekend after 7 or 8 months of going to church they were finally married. The Elders called me last week and said that Karina, the mom, wanted me to baptize her. So, Pres. Pinho gave me permission and I got to go to the baptismal service. It was a moment that I´ll never forget. They were so.... Happy. The gospel has changed the course of their lives´ forever. I really love that family and know that the are on the right path to have an eternal family. They are already talking about the sealing next year in the temple. I know that families can be together forever. I´m so grateful for that fact. And I´m grateful that I´m here in dirty, stinky São Paulo where I can meet and help such amazing families, because it´s the people that make this the best city in the world.

I never would have thought that I would come to love my mission and the people this much. Now it´s hard to imagine my life without the experiences I´ve had here.

And everyday is a new opportunity to find more families to teach! This is the best work in the world. 

I´m anxious and excited for General Conference, to hear what our living Prophets have to say to us. Don´t miss it for anything!

I love you all, my family!

 

Elder Barker

 

 

WE, THE FIRST PRESIDENCY and the Council of the Twelve Apostles of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, solemnly proclaim that marriage between a man and a woman is ordained of God and that the family is central to the Creator’s plan for the eternal destiny of His children.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment