"Let my servant William go and proclaim my everlasting gospel with a loud voice, and with great joy.............."
Doctrine & Covenants 124:88

Monday, March 24, 2014

Monday, March 24, 2014

Dear Family,
 
How´s life back home? I´m doing great, don´t worry about me. Thank you so much for the pictures, you are all looking great!! I have to admit that I was planning on sending pictures this week, but I realized that I haven´t taken any new pictures... But I will get on that. I´m doing very, very well. I love this work so much and I love the people that I get to work with. I wish you could see how humble and pure they are. Clearly there are the heard hearted as well, but it seems like the Lord just puts us in front of the best of the best. They are truly prepared to hear our message. (There are angels preparing the hearts of men in this very moment). 
We have transfers tomorrow. I will be staying here with Elder De Jesus, so I´m excited, but we have a lot of missionaries in the zone being transfered. We´ve seen a lot of progress, and now it will be almost like starting from scratch again. I guess that´s the wisdom of the Lord, that we never slip too far into the comfort zone. It´s going to be great, there are a lot of new missionaries that got visas.
Sounds like St. George was fun! How´s the March Madness? 
Man, I can´t believe Scott Davis is already home. It passes by in the blink of an eye.
Everyone getting excited for General Conference? I am. When the prophet and apostles speak, I feel the Spirit. It´s the same feeling I have when I read the scriptures. The Spirit testifies of truth and I really know that Thomas S. Monson is a prophet. 
Love you all and have a great week! Remember that we are the master of our fate and the captain of our soul. Pres. Pinho always says that the past is in the hands of the Atonement (Christ) and tomorrow is in the hands of the Father. Today is our day!
 
Elder Barker

No comments:

Post a Comment