"Let my servant William go and proclaim my everlasting gospel with a loud voice, and with great joy.............."
Doctrine & Covenants 124:88

Monday, August 11, 2014

Monday, August 11, 2014


Dear family,

Life is so good. I love hearing from you all. I am happily working and life is flying. I´m constantly tired, but really happy. It´s a different feeling, that I think we only have when we are serving the Lord. Elder Cole is doing great, he loves McDonalds. I think I eat more fast food now than I did in the U.S. It´s pretty sad. There´s a Burger King here in Santo Amaro as well, so it´s pretty hard to avoid. We have an elevator in our apartment, too, so I´m a little bit concerned with my weight. Gotta keep doing exercises.

 I have learned a lot about faith these last few weeks. Faith in Jesus Christ is the first principle of the gospel for a reason. When we have faith, anything is possible! Sometimes it takes time, but our faith really brings miracles. We just have to act, or exercise our faith. Think about Peter. All of the other Apostles stayed in the boat, but when he saw the Lord he took a few small steps onto the water. He felt a solid surface walking on water! That´s incredible. But when he fell, Christ called him a "man of little faith". If Peter is a man of little faith, what am I? Sometimes people criticize Peter, but he is the only one that had the faith to leave the boat. It´s hard for me to leave the comfort zone sometimes, but the miracles happen when we "leave the boat". 

Things in the area are great and there are so many cool things going on in the mission. 

Oh by the way, I got my birthday package this last week! That was very fast. Thank you very much! I´m stoked to make the cake. And it was perfect mom, thank you, thank you, thank you.

Have a great football season! Go Red Devils!

Love you all,

Elder Barker

 

No comments:

Post a Comment