"Let my servant William go and proclaim my everlasting gospel with a loud voice, and with great joy.............."
Doctrine & Covenants 124:88

Monday, April 29, 2013

April 29, 2013


Bom dia!

Cipó is still Sião. I see miracles everyday, I just have to look for them. One of our investigators, here name is Debora, was really progressing, but we just couldn´t get her to church because she had to work every Sunday. It was just sad because her and her boyfriend are both really interested, but could never come on Sundays. Well we passed by last night and she got fired! She´s not super excited about it, but I know that it was a blessing. Bruno is her boyfriend and they have a three year old daughter. They said they´ll be coming to church this Sunday, we´re super excited for them.

One more cool story. We were walking up one of our huge hills in Cipó on our way to visit a recent convert (Gideyuma), and I had an impression that we should stop and knock one door (except for it´s really clap at one gate). Well it turns out that a family of four lives there and we´re teaching them now. Tais is the one that came to the door and she´s the most interested. She´s 19 and asks some really hard questions, but it´s really good. Anyway, after the first lesson when we were walking away, Elder Ribeiro said that he had had the same feeling to stop at that house with his companion before, but never did. It was a confirmation to me that as long as we´re in tune with the Spirit the Lord will guide the work.

Oh, for Mother´s Day you need to let me know if you want to Skype or just talk on the phone. Next week, tell me what Number or Skype to use and what time you want me to call and all that good stuff :) I think I´m three hours ahead, right? We get one hour to talk, so anytime after noon is good for me.

We´re still working with Victor. He stopped drinking coffee and is still really solid. He has a strong testimony. For some reason his parents are still a little resistent, but the Bishop talked with his step dad (Inactive) and I think he´s going to allow Victor to be baptized this weekend. We´re excited for him.

The food is still super good. I don´t know if you´ve ever heard of Feijoada, but the Brazilian women make good use of almost every part of the Pig. It´s really good, you just have to be careful to not eat the bad stuff. I love the fruit here too! The bananas taste like banana Creamies and the help my legs not cramp up, so I eat a lot of them.

Anyway, I love you all! I have a strong testimony that the Lord knows us personally and he is looking out for us.

Love, Elder Barker

(President Pinho as been dropping some PMA quotes on us from Napoleon Hill. He´s Awesome)

 

No comments:

Post a Comment