"Let my servant William go and proclaim my everlasting gospel with a loud voice, and with great joy.............."
Doctrine & Covenants 124:88

Sunday, April 7, 2013

Monday, April 1, 2013


Hello Family!

I am doing very well in Cipó. There is a lot of good stuff going on here. Pascoa was really great. They don´t do Easter Eggs, but there was still a lot of chocolate. They have what´s called Brigadeiro here. It´s so good, it´s like pudding, but 10 times better. I had one of the best meals of my life yesterday. The members feed us so good. We have an Almoço appointment everyday except for P-day. We eat at noon everyday and dinner isn´t very big here, so we have to wait til we get back to the casa everynight to eat. That was hard to get used to, but it´s just normal now. My companion works really hard, he´s a really good guy. The ward is great, we always have people willing to come out with us on splits. It´s a lot different than Cleveland, but still the same work. The people are just super receptive which is great. The hard part is getting them to commit to something like coming to church. We met a great guy named Tiago last night. He´s 18 and was on his way to church I think. He is looking for the truth, and we can give that to him ;). We´re excited to meet with him again on Thursday. We set a baptismal date for the 27 of April and just need to help him work toward that date. We had our Trainee/Trainer meeting last week, which was really good. President Pinho is really a great guy. This mission is really a great one to be a part of. I got to see my MTC companions last week, which was really cool. They´re both doing well! Sorry no pictures again this week, I need to get my hands on an SD Card reader. Keep sending me pictures though, I love to see what´s going on. I know I said Email was easiest, and it is, but we only have a limited time on the computer, so sometimes I can´t reply to everyone. Hmmm the food here rocks. People said rice and beans everyday like it was a bad thing. The rice and beans here are awesome. I eat like a King everyday (for at least one meal). You have the mission home address I think (Kenzee asked).

We have a great opportunity to watch general conference this week! Take advantage of it. Our prophet and apostles were called of God. It]s going to be great! LOVE you.

Elder Barker



Response to Jesse's letter......

Hey bro. Love you. You are the MAN, or CARA in Portuguese. I have so much respect for you man. BE happy. Life is so good and we are all extremely blessed.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment