"Let my servant William go and proclaim my everlasting gospel with a loud voice, and with great joy.............."
Doctrine & Covenants 124:88

Monday, October 27, 2014

MONDAY, OCTOBER 13, 2014


Dear Family,

 How was the wedding? I´m so happy that everything went well. Sounds like mom worked pretty hard. Now tell all the cousins to wait until I get home to get married! Monte. Happy birthday to Josh and Jen and Beau! Hope they all have fantastic birthdays. That´s crazy that Megan is already home and reported. I love our family.

So, this week is the start of my last transfer. I don´t think I´ll be finishing my mission here in the office. I´ll most likely be heading to a new area for these last weeks. I am very excited!

I really, really love this work. We had some great meetings yesterday. We´re teaching a young couple that is living together, but they´re not legally married. Their names are Rafael and Camila. The class was about the law of chastity and the sacrament talks were great. After the meeting Camila said, "So, to get baptized we need to get married first?" I said yes and she replied, "Then we´re going to get married." 

It was really cool because they have so many questions and doubts and weren´t really sure if they wanted to get married. The church meetings were perfect for their needs. I am so happy for them.

I love our savior Jesus Christ. I know that this work is true. Joseph Smith really was a prophet. 

 Love, 

Elder Barker

 P.S.- We made an awesome video for the transfer, I´ll try to send it to you.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment