"Let my servant William go and proclaim my everlasting gospel with a loud voice, and with great joy.............."
Doctrine & Covenants 124:88

Monday, October 27, 2014

September 8, 2014


Dear Family,

 Spring is arriving, the weather is getting warmer, and there are more kites in the sky. They fly a lot of kites here, it´s pretty impressive. Wow, I was surprised to hear about those weddings. Good for them. And everything is getting prepared for Gizmo. Can´t believe she´s all grown up.

 So, miracles of the week.

 We did a contact in the street with a man named Luiz. He went to church and really liked it. He even got up to bear his testimony. I was a little bit worried to be honest. You never know what investigators or recent converts will say at the pulpit. But he got up and said, "I know that this church is true. I´ve been to others and I was baptized in a different church. But I want to be a part of this church. I want to stay." It was really cool. He said that he got an answer from God through small things. The only part that was a little bit different was that he said Gloria a Deus! at the end instead of in the name of Jesus Christ. It was surprising, but very, very cool. He will be baptized next week. 

 We also had recent converts bear testimony about overcoming addictions and repentance. The spirit testified very strongly when they told of their personal experiences.

 I love this gospel. And I love the work of Salvation. The Lord is so wise in his purposes. As we work in the work of salvation we´re really changing our own lives. He´s molding and changing our lives as we are in His service. I´m loving my mission and my area. A lot of great things are happening.

 Love you all!

Elder Barker
 
Elder Barker and President Dalton

 

 


No comments:

Post a Comment