"Let my servant William go and proclaim my everlasting gospel with a loud voice, and with great joy.............."
Doctrine & Covenants 124:88

Monday, October 27, 2014

Monday, September 22, 2014


Dear Family,

Boommmm Diiiiaaaaa! How is my lovely family? I´m doing great, it really is a wonderful life. I just don´t know how it passes so fast. Tomorrow I´ll be 21. That´s so old. Oh well.

So, I spoke in church yesterday. It was a really edifying experience. I learned a lot. And it was very interesting that I learned more giving the talk than I did in the preparation. The Spirit testified of simple truths and lessons. I spoke about feeding the Lord´s sheep. I was able to share some personal experiences that I had in Wyoming that many Brasilians never have. I talked a little bit about the ranch and taking care of the animals, I also shared some personal experiences I had had doing home teaching with Dad and Grandpa. I talked about Bev and Howard and about some of my friends that were baptized in high school. I´ll never forget those moments. I learned valuable lessons.

Josefina was baptized this weekend. She is such a sweet, humble lady. She´s a widow and has a son that doesn´t take very good care of her. He´s more interested in drugs and his girlfriend. It really is a sad situation, but she is so faithful. After the first time she went to church she said her feet weren´t touching the ground. She returned home flying. She said she´ll NEVER leave this church. It was so good to hear her testimony. 

We´re also teaching an English teacher that has gone to church a few times. His name is Nelson. He´s a great guy, but is having a hard time leaving his other church. Sometimes we teach in English, it´s very strange and a lot harder than you would think. We left a bunch of English Liahona´s for him to give to his students and he´s given us a bunch of referrals. The work is going great.

We have the multi-zone meetings this week, should be fun. Pres. Dalton is going to train us on goals. (A training that he gave in his business career many times and in many countries)

Deadline

Realistic

Etched in Stone

Always Reviewing

Measurable

Supreme Being

 Dreams in Portuguese is Sonhos. We created a new one for Portuguese ;) It´s pretty cool.

Well I love you all and hope you have an incredible week.

 Elder Barker

No comments:

Post a Comment