"Let my servant William go and proclaim my everlasting gospel with a loud voice, and with great joy.............."
Doctrine & Covenants 124:88

Monday, October 27, 2014

September 15, 2014


Dear Family,

 I had another fantastic week. Thanks for the emails and pictures! I still didn´t get that package yet, but no worries, I´m sure it´ll get here. Wow, I´m getting old. The temple dedication sounds like quite the deal, I´m jealous. Thanks for news update, I loved it! Sounds like everyone is doing well.

 So... this week was pretty normal. We had some meetings, and we´re just preparing everything for some conferences next week. We´ll also be getting six new Americans next week. I have to go to the Federal Police to renew my visa on Wednesday, seems like yesterday that I was there, but I guess it´s been a year and a half already. 

 I like this scripture. It´s 2 Corinthians 4:7-10

 But we have this treasure in earthen vessels, that the excellency of the power may be of God, and not of us. We are troubled on every side, yet not distressed; we are perplexed, but not in despair; Persecuted, but not forsaken; cast down, but not destroyed; Always bearing about in the body the dying of the Lord Jesus, that the life also of Jesus might be made manifest in our body.

There are so many things going on in life, but we´re never distressed, in despair, forsaken or destroyed. We are God´s people and He loves us. He is on our side. I love the gospel and I´m grateful for the chance to serve. I love you all and hope you have a great week!

 Elder Barker

 

No comments:

Post a Comment